Japan Foundation Fellowship
For the purpose of promoting Japanese studies overseas, this program provides support to preeminent foreign scholars in Japanese studies to give them an opportunity to conduct research in Japan.
1.Who can apply?
There are three types of categories.
[Scholars and Researchers (Long-Term)]
- Scholars and researchers conducting research related to Japan (comparative research included) in the humanities and social sciences.
- Duration 2 to 12 months
[Scholars and Researchers (Short-Term)]
- Applicants Scholars and researchers conducting research related to Japan (comparative research included) in the humanities and social sciences, whose projects require them to travel to Japan to carry out research, gather materials, etc., intensively over a short period of time.
- Duration 21 to 59 days
- Applicants Ph.D. candidates, conducting research related to Japan (comparative research included) in the humanities and social sciences, who, in principle, have completed (or will have completed by the beginning of the fellowship) the necessary coursework, and find it necessary to visit Japan to complete their dissertations.
- Duration 4 to 12 months
2.How to Apply
It is part of the Japan Foundation Headquarters’ Programs , so please go to latest program guidelines and download applications. The deadline is once in a year, in December.
The Japan Foundation Indo-Pacific Partnership Program (JFIPP Research Fellowship)
The Japan Foundation (JF) is pleased to announce a new fellowship program, the Japan Foundation Indo-Pacific Partnership (JFIPP) Research Fellowship, with the purpose of building partnerships and intellectual networks in the Indo-Pacific region.
Deadline for the submission of application is on August 18, 2023 (Friday) noon (Japan Time)
Program Guidelines / Application Forms:
- Program guides can be downloaded from Here.
- 〈Zip〉Download files (ZIP:1.6MB) (Contents of ZIP File: PDF, Word)
For more details, please refer to the Headquarters website.