Grants – Arts and Cultural Exchange
Available at various times throughout the year.
At the Japan Foundation New Delhi, we are pleased to support events regarding the field of Japanese Culture, and Japanese Studies and Intellectual Exchanges.
*Please note that allocations might be exhausted at some time of the fiscal year.
- Grant Coverage
(A) The project with travel:
*Please follow Japan and India’s travel advisories. We will support these projects once the situation triggered by Covid-19 normalize.
(i) International flight airfare;
(ii) Costs for visa application;
(iii) Accommodation fee;
(iv) Domestic transportation fees in India.
(b) The project without travel (e.g. online event, film screening, publication):
- Honorarium (up to Rs. 10,000);
- Venue fee, technical devices rental fee. (if space and technical devices are hired to make a program);
- Screening fee (fee for films related to Japanese culture or by Japanese Directors);
- Publication cost (translation fee, paper type setting, plate-making, printing, binding, etc.);
- Publicity cost (flyer design fee, website maintenance fee, archiving fee related to specific project that is supported);
- Administration fee (up to 10% of the total cost, related to projected that is supported)
B. Project / Applicant Eligibility
- Projects must fulfil the following requirements:
- The project must relate to Japan;
- The projects mainly target people in India;
iii. The events as a result of the project must open to public.
- Applicants must fulfil the following requirements:
i.Individual or Organization based in India;
- Applicants must not be commercial organizations;
iii. A voluntary organization without legal status
(Mandatory to attach documentation certifying its establishment <e.g., Articles of Incorporation> to the application form. Additional documents such as Pan card,80G and 12A of Income Tax are also required to attach);
- The receipt of grants or support from the Japan Foundation New Delhi (JFND) must not violate any laws, regulations, or ordinances;
- Applicants must have bank accounts in the name of the applicants in order to receive grant money from JFND.
C. How to Apply
- We strongly recommend you to first contact our program officers.
~ Contact person: Ms. Shalini Bisht
The Japan Foundation, New Delhi
5A Ring Road, Lajpat Nagar-IV New Delhi 110024, INDIA
Tel: +91-11-45588698 / 46065769
- For Arts and Culture exchange projects, please download attached Application Instruction, Application Formand Terms & Conditions. Fill the Application Form, and send us the application form (original with signature is required). Read Terms& Conditions carefully.
- Submitted applications will be judged in our office and decisions will be communicated
D. Implementing Procedure
- A notification letter of acceptance will be sent to the selected applicants. After reading the conditions, please notify the Japan Foundation of your acceptance using the designated form.
- Please implement your project following the procedure and conditions for the relevant program as well as the plan and purpose of your project written in the application form. In principle, you must obtain approval from the Japan Foundation before making any major changes to the plan or postponing/canceling the project.
c. A final report has to be submitted promptly to the Japan Foundation when your project is completed. Please note that grantees in some programs may be asked to report the participants’ questionnaire results, media coverage, and the number of project participants.