Grants – Arts and Cultural Exchange
Available at various times throughout the year.
*Please note that allocations might be exhausted at some time of the fiscal year.
1. Grant Coverage
(A) The project with travel:
*Please follow Japan and India’s travel advisories.
- International flight airfare;
- Costs for visa application;
- Accommodation fee;
- Domestic transportation fees in India
(B) The project without travel (e.g. online event, film screening, publication):
- Honorarium (up to Rs. 10,000);
- Venue fee, technical devices rental fee. (if space and technical devices are hired to make a program);
- Screening fee (fee for films related to Japanese culture or by Japanese Directors);
- Publication cost (translation fee, paper type setting, plate-making, printing, binding, etc.);
- Publicity cost (flyer design fee, website maintenance fee, archiving fee related to specific project that is supported);
- Administration fee (up to 10% of the total cost, related to project that is supported)
2. Project / Applicant Eligibility
Projects must fulfill the following requirements:
- The project must relate to Japan;
- The projects mainly target people in India;
- The events as a result of the project must open to the public.
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- Individual or Organization based in India;
- Applicants must not be commercial organizations;
- A voluntary organization without legal status
(Mandatory to attach documentation certifying its establishment <e.g., Articles of Incorporation> to the application form. Additional documents such as Pan card, 80G and 12A of Income Tax are also required to attach);
- The receipt of grants or support from the Japan Foundation New Delhi (JFND) must not violate any laws, regulations, or ordinances;
- Applicants must have bank accounts in the name of the applicants in order to receive grant money from JFND.
3. How to Apply
- Ms. Aoi Ishimaru, Director, Arts and Cultural Exchange (Aoi_Ishimaru@jpf.go.jp)
- Ms. Shalini Bisht, Assistant Director, Arts and Cultural Exchange (Shalini_Bisht@jpf.go.jp)
Submitted applications will be screened in our office and decisions will be communicated.
4. Implementing Procedure
- Once the project is approved, a Notice of Grant Acceptance will be sent to the applicant. After reading the conditions, please notify the Japan Foundation of your acceptance using the designated form.
- Please implement your project following the procedure and conditions for the relevant program as well as the plan and purpose of your project written in the application form. In principle, you must obtain approval from the Japan Foundation before making any major changes to the plan or postponing/canceling the project.
- A final report has to be submitted promptly to the Japan Foundation when your project is completed. Please note that grantees in some programs may be asked to report the participants’ questionnaire results, media coverage, and the number of project participants.