JF Koza is a Japanese language course by the Japan Foundation, New Delhi. In JF Koza, we use “MARUGOTO”, which is designed to enable communication in Japanese in actual situations, and to deepen understanding of Japanese culture and Japanese lifestyle by learning about culture together. Currently applications for this semester are closed.
The application forms for the Japanese language course are closed now!
Please note that there are limited seats available for each course. Thus, admissions will be done on the first-cum-first basis. Last date to submit the application was December 7, 2023.
Kindly check your level Here.
Features of JF Koza
- Designed for both language performance and knowledge so that one can communicate more naturally when talking about familiar topics.
- Emphasizes on understanding and respecting other cultures, and with situations where people from a variety of cultural backgrounds interact in Japanese language.
- Enables learning Japanese language through listening to a variety of natural contextualized conversations.
- Enables management of your own learning through a portfolio approach.
About the textbook, MARUGOTO
Marugoto, is a textbook developed by the Japan Foundation. In Marugoto, using Japanese to actually communicate is the goal. The goal is not just to increase your knowledge of grammar and sentence patterns. Can-dos are set as objectives that show what you will be able to do in what situations, and you study Japanese that can be used in real-life situations. To know more about it, please visit Marugoto website.
You can buy the A1 to A2/B1 levels of Marugoto textbook in India. Check Goyal Publishers to search for Marugoto.
- When will the applications for next semester be open?
A: The applications for the semester 2023 were opened from 30th Nov 2023 (Thurs) – 7th Dec 2023 (Thurs). For 2024 semester, it will be relayed once the applications are open.
2. Is the course online?
A: This time we are conducting Offline/online both, but only for level A1 (Katsudoo & Rikai). Other courses (From A2-1-B-1) continue to be online for 2024, though there will be a few offline activities during the course.
3. Which platform will be used for classes?
A: For online classes of JF KOZA, ZOOM will be used as the platform. For offline classes(A1), students will have to come to The Japan Foundation, New Delhi.
4. What will be the mode of fee payment?
A: We only accept cash. The registered applicants are required to come to JFND on the designated dates.
5. What is the duration of the semester?
A: Duration of the course is 4 to 5 months. There will be 32 classes in total, and each class of 2 hours.
For B1 Intermediate Level, this time we are doing 5 independent topics, so new participation will not be a problem for those who have not participated in previous topics. Whole book completes in 2 parts, 4 months each. Therefore, anyone, with A2/B1 level, can register to B1 Intermediate level.
6. Where will I have to come for the Offline classes or Offline activities?
A: The Japan Foundation, New Delhi is open for visitors. You will have to come for the offline classes twice a week.
7. What is the new location of the Japan Foundation?
A: A 13, Sri Aurobindo Marg, Green Park, New Delhi
8. Will English be used in Starter classes?
A: A1 Katsudoo level is recommended for those who are starting to learn Japanese Language for the first time and have no prior knowledge of the same. Therefore, Hindi and/or English can be used to communicate better with the teacher at times of confusion.
9. What is the selection process?
A: We have 2 stages of selection-
First screening, we select the eligible candidates for the course.
Second screening is where the selected candidates appear for an online interview.
10. What is the fee structure?
A: The administration for each class is INR 1500 (cash). The book fee varies from class to class.
11. Is it for candidates from all over India or only Delhi?
A: The course is for residents of Delhi-NCR.