The Japan Foundation, New Delhi in collaboration with National Institute of Design and Godrej India Culture Lab, brings Japanese Illustration and Animation Collective group – SAIGO NO SHUDAN.
Saigo no shudan is a young Japanese artists’ collective that creates unconventional animation. They combine hand-painted drawings, toys, cut-outs, etc. to create videos. The group will travel to three cities in India – Mumbai, Ahmedabad and New Delhi.
1. Mumbai (Talk Event | Open)
Date : 27th June, 2014
Time : 17:00
Venue : Friday Funda, Godrej India Culture Lab, Auditorium (Above the canteen), Godrej Industries Ltd, Gate 2, Pirojshanagar, Vikhroli (E), Mumbai 79. (Entry from Eastern Express Highway)
Entry Free with prior registration via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Ahmedabad (Talk Event & Workshop | Closed)
Date : 7th July, 2014 (Talk)
Time : 15:30
Venue : National Institute of Design, Gandhi Nagar, Ahmedabad
* The Talk event on 7th July is exclusive to ‘Post graduate Animation Film Design’ first year students. Interested students may contact Mr. Saurabh Srivastava(Email : email@example.com ; Mob: +91 79 23265 515)
* There will be a workshop from 30th June to 4th July, exclusive to ‘Post graduate Animation Film Design’ second year students.Interested students may contact Mr. Ajay Tiwari ( Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ;
Mob: +91 9099929640)
3. Delhi (Talk Event | Open)
Date : 9th July, 2014
Time : 18:30
Venue : The Japan Foundation, New Delhi
‘Saigo No Shudan’
Saigo No Shudan is a creators’ collective that was formed at the Tokyo University of the Arts in 2009. Their original works bear several motifs drawn from folktales and they use materials like old group photographs, second hand books, toys, paintings etc. in creative ways. Being awarded ‘The New Face Award’ for Entertainment Division at the 17th Japan Media Arts Festival in 2014, their video work has been shown internationally. Ayumu Arisaka, Ren Kohata and Mai Oita are the members of the collective (http://www.saigono.info)
REN KOHATA, MAI OITA & Koki Hirai (Assistant)
Shiho Kito, a Japanese photographer, currently based in Gandhinagar, India, and working in India, Japan and UK.
Photo Credit : Shiho Kito