The Embassy of Japan in India and The Japan Foundation, New Delhi invites application for our ‘CLICK! JAPAN PHOTO CONTEST’. The chosen photos will be displayed in a photo exhibition at the Japan Foundation, New Delhi Gallery from the 1st to the 30th of August 2014.
Entry Guidelines for CLICK! Japan Photo Contest
1. Submission Criteria: This contest is open to any resident of India, of any nationality, who has stayed in Japan for any duration between April, 2013 and June, 2014. The photo(s) must be the original work of the participant, and taken in Japan within the period as mentioned above.
2. Participants should be back in India by 1st August, 2014. Permanent residents of Japan or of any country other than India are not eligible for this contest.
3. Non-professional photographers only.
4. Starting & deadline of submission of entries: 1st June to 30th June, 2014 (5:00 PM).
5. Maximum and minimum number of entries per person : 1(one) [if it is a set, up to 3 (three) pictures are allowed]
6. Size of picture: Minimum 2 MB, Maximum 5 MB
7. Photos can be in colour as well as black & white. Cropping and post-capture editing is allowed.
8. Obscene, inappropriate pictures will be rejected immediately.
9. Entry Form must be duly filled out and submitted with the photo.
10. All participants must sign the Entry Form declaring that the organizers are not responsible in case of any dispute over photos or subject of photos.
11. Submission of photos: Send your Photos and Entry Form to email@example.com with the title of email “Photo contest” or submit by post to the Japan Foundation, New Delhi, 5A, Ring Road, Lajpat Nagar- IV, New Delhi 110024, India.
12. Photos once submitted cannot be returned under any circumstances.
13. All given rules must be complied with. Any violation will result in disqualification.
14. For any queries, kindly call us at the Japan Foundation, New Delhi on (0)11-2644-2967/68
Selection method and Prize for chosen entries
1. The photos for the exhibition will be chosen by a judging committee based on expressiveness (how the photographer’s messages are conveyed) and on originality (how fresh and creative the photographer’s ideas/points of view are).
2. The winners will be chosen from the exhibition by the number of votes in the venue (JFND Gallery) and the number of Facebook ‘Likes’ from 1st August to 9th August and by a judging committee.
3. All winners will be given awards and an opportunity to talk about their work around middle of August at the Japan Foundation, New Delhi. The winners’ photos will appear in the publication of the Embassy of Japan in India and The Japan Foundation, New Delhi.