The Japan Foundation Travel Support for Attendees to the 2018- AAS-in-Asia Conference in Delhi
- Program Description:
This travel support gives assistance to emerging graduate students of Japanese Studies in India to attend the Conference of Association for Asian Studies held in New Delhi on 6 July to 7 July 2018. By doing so, the Japan Foundation, New Delhi hopes to provide more opportunities to young researchers for their academic exposures.
Applicants must satisfy all of four categories below.
- Graduate student who has a bachelor’s degree or higher whose current research theme is Japan-related. Applicant does not have to be a Japan-specialist and can be from various disciplines in humanities and social sciences. However, his/her research theme must be Japan-related.
- Those who can participate in the conference for the full duration, from 6 July to 7 July 2018.
- Those who can attend a session by the Japan Foundation on 5 July and 8 July
- Those who can attend at least three Japan-related sessions at the conference
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply
- Application Procedure:
Please submit the following documents by e-mail to the Japan Foundation, New Delhi (email@example.com). The deadline is 25 May 2018.
- Application Form
- Statement of Purpose (up to 2 pages)
- Items to Be Provided:
- INR 3,068 toward the conference registration fee
- Up to INR 15,000 round-trip transportation fee (apply only to students living outside Delhi NCR)
- Up to INR 20,000 (INR 4,000/night) toward accommodation for five nights(from 4 July to 9 July) (apply only to students living outside Delhi NCR)
*Please note that all other items will have to be borne by applicants themselves.
- Selection Policy:
- Higher priority is given to a Ph.D. candidate.
- Quality of application forms will be examined carefully.
- Basic Terms and Conditions for the support:
- The awardee is required to stay in Delhi area from 5 July to 9 July attend the conference for the whole duration as well as the meetings held by the Japan Foundation scheduled before and after the conference.
- The awardee must submit a final report by 10 August 2018.
- The awardee must complete the conference registration themselves and make necessary arrangements before submitting the Request for Reimbursement.
- As mentioned earlier, this travel support provides financial assistance but does not cover the whole cost of travel. Items not covered in the above “4. Items to Be Provided” or an amount exceeding must be borne by the Awardee.
- Results Notification:
Results will be announced by early June 2018 by email.
(1) Kousuke Noguchi (Director) firstname.lastname@example.org
(2) Rinki Roy (Programme Coordinator) email@example.com
The Japan Foundation
5A, Ring Road, Lajpat Nagar-IV
Near Moolchand Metro Station
For an Application form: Click here